Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Race Week

Want to make a donation? Click here, ya old buzzard.

Sunday marks my first triathlon as I take to downtown Nashville for the Music City Triathlon. It will help so much in preparing for the Nation's Triathlon. I got a preview of the run portion last night and ran it in 25:30, which averages to an 8:30 mile. I expect to do the same or faster on Sunday.
Metaphor for my introduction to triathlons
 The leader of this run group was out of town in Vermont where he just ran a 100 Mile Race! This guy ran for more than 22 hours. That is jaw-dropping. To be honest, I didn't know people even did that. He (name: unknown) overcame all odds: he's slow-witted, wore clunky metal leg braces as a child, went to Vietnam, actually played football at Alabama, and made millions in the shrimp industry.

Here is a quick swimming technique video featuring Lokelani McMichael, the youngest woman to ever complete the Hawaii Ironman. (I had this video up, then removed it, now it's back. I think the annoying auto-play commercial is gone) They say she is like the Anna Kournikova of triathlons because she really isn't on par with the best. Whatever. Haters. I think I'm in love.


This is Lokelani McMichael and she wears short shorts.
So, you come here often?
AWARDS
UFO AWARD: This one is for Flying Saucer Nashville, my very first bar donation! Thank you to Brandi and everyone else at Flying Saucer for helping with such an awesome gift. Truly appreciated. Everyone should go there and drink! Absolute best beer selection in Nashville.
Thanks for all of your support! If you read the blog then become a follower (to the right) and you'll get mentioned in my next post. Pretty sweet, eh?

We just passed $1,500 in donations. Click here to keep this gravy train rollin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment