Since I started training, I have been losing weight. That's not intentional- I didn't exactly have a lot of weight to lose. But with a combination of running, biking, swimming, and lifting 6 days a week it's impossible not to shed some pounds. Being so active really enables me to eat whatever the hell I want because I burn through so many calories every day. Still, I continue to eat healthy. You'll find that I eat a lot.... true, food is always on my mind. Here's what I be eatin':
Breakfast (before gym) :5AM: Rudi's organic Bagels (sometimes white, sometimes wheat) with strawberry jam.
Pre-Workout drink: These things pump you full God-knows-what and may cause my liver to fall out, but they're delicious and make me feel like a Werewolf. Plus, I'm addicted to them. I one day hope to be on Intervention for Health Junkies (or Hoarders).
Post Workout: 7:45: Protein Shake. I switch up brands to keep my body guessing.
Brunch?: 10AM: 1/3 pound lean beef hamburger on 2 pieces of whole wheat bread. Handful of almonds.
Lunch: Noon-1PM: It always varies. A lot of time it will be a bowl of cereal with a banana and protein powder mixed in. I sound like a total meat head.When I'm finished I crush the box on my skull.
Snack: 3PM-4PM: Greek Yogurt with some blueberries. Maybe another handful of almonds, plus half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat. Greek Yogurt takes some getting used to, but it's got more protein than regular yogurt. I'm hooked. Try this brand:
Dinner: 6:30PM: Chicken. If you know me then you know I loves me some mothalovin chicken. I marinated some chicken last night in Trader Joe's Soyaki- Holy hell that was good. Highly recommended!
Before Bed: 10:30: Protein shake. Keeps me from waking up in the middle of the night with an empty stomach.
Add to any meal: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Everyday! Either have it with some pita chips, put it on a sandwich, or dip some grilled chicken in it. I tried the Artichoke Hummus and it tasted like baby poop. Stick with the Red Pepper, unless your affinity for baby boom-boom is too strong to deny.
Junkin' Out: The term I use for absolutely going bananas on a Chinese Buffet or eating a large pizza by myself. I do this once a week and it's faaaaantastic.
Awards:
Shayne Train Award: This goes to Nichola, Chris and Shayne for their generous donation early this week. Thanks you all! Did you know that Nichola uses Shayne as a space heater in the winter? It's true! I held her once and could not stop sweating. That's a hot baby!Thank you to Carrie for following the blog! Carrie is on our Tuesday night kickball team and won't hesitate to yell profanities at us for botched plays. She's the Marty Schottenheimer of kickball (I hope at least one person got that). Actually, she's a badass right fielder!
Thanks for taking the time to read about what's inside my stomach. Make sure to visit my fundraising page. I need more donations- Click here!





No comments:
Post a Comment