Thursday, July 29, 2010

More on Last Weekend

We're 50% of the way to the fundraising goal after some sweeeet donations this week! The deadline to donate is August 27th. Click here to do the damn thing.
Crossing the finish line on Sunday.... This is also my WWE entrance

Split times for last Sundays Music City Triathlon were posted. Let's break it down (All rankings are for my age group, Male 25-29): 
  • Overall Time: 1:25:12 (13th out of 39) - My goal was to finish in 1:30, so I was happy with that.
  • Swim: 8:23 (11th) - I predicted 8:50. Still the swim wasn't as easy, partly due to the river current, so I've since added an open water swim to my workout. Tuesday mornings at Percy Priest Lake. Here is a pic I took on Tuesday... great place to spend the morning before work.
More than likely, one of those people is peeing in the lake.

  • T1: First transition area between the swim and bike: 2:26 - Actually a pretty fast time. It looks like those who won did this in about :10 seconds faster.
Running from the river to the 1st transition area. I was about to give a guy I know a high five and he yelled "no, we'll get a penalty!" I'm glad he reminded me or I would have been penalized 2:00 minutes. (racers aren't allowed contact, except unintentionally during the swim. I actually kicked several people, not on purpose)

  • Bike: 46:45 (22nd) - This KILLED my time. Amongst the Top 20 finishers, my time was 19th. I dropped the Tuesday spin class for a real bike ride after work. I would drop the Thursday spin class, but my new spin class buddy, April, is way too pretty for me to skip that one.
  • T2: 1:27 - Again, about average or faster than most.
Crossing finish line
  • Run: 26:12 (8th) - Total surprise. I think my first 5K I ran this spring, I did it in 33:00. So I sure never thought I would finish Top 10. Even fought stomach cramps and brick-like legs for the first mile. Really happy with that aspect of the race.
I would have been Top 10 if I didn't ride my bike like a freakin' Beach Cruiser
See what happens to a pimp with a D.U.I
  AWARDS
Favorite Cousin Aword: See what I did there? That award, or aword, goes to my first cousin to donate. Thank you to Leslie and David Word for their awesome gift! You all should buy jewelry from Carthy Jewelry. Leslie is uber-talented!
Don't Wake Meghan Award: Allison Alogna is my sisters roommate. Hopefully, Allison has never woken up Meghan- her wrath is legendary. Allison not only gave a extremely thoughtful donation but she did it while on vacation! She had probably been drinking. If you've been drinking, please feel free to donate.
The Beautiful Aunt Award: My Beautiful Aunt Lucinda so generously donated last night! I wanted to give her an award that was tied to the lawn jockey she used to have in the backyard, but better judgment prevailed (I very rarely say that). Thank you, B.A.L!
Well... We have reached 50% of our fundraising goal. That means one thing.... WE'RE HALFWAY THERE!
Donations can be made right huuuur!

No comments:

Post a Comment