Friday, July 9, 2010

Gotta Be The Shoes!

Here's a short story from last weekend: Walked into the basketball gym last weekend to find a dozen dwarfs playing basketball. At first I thought God was smiling down on me- I've always had to play point guard. I was ready to get my Dikembe Mutumbo on! Then there were more dwarfs at the pool the next day at a completely different gym. Turns out they were in Nashville for Dwarf Athletic Association of America's 24th National Games (click for article). Finally, I can post this picture with some relevancy to what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, no mullets were spotted.

Got some great donations this week! Thanks you all, we're making excellent progress. Click here to donate.
Awards
Bill and Melinda Gates Award: This one goes to the first couple to donate. Brooks and Valarie forced me to run from their house to prove I was actually training for this thing. I had never pulled a rickshaw before. Thanks Val and Brooks!!
Bono Award: This award is given to whoever gets the award immediately following the Bill and Melinda Gates Award. Beau Barker came in with a huge donation! Couldn't believe it- I really appreciate how generous Beau was. Bonno Barker.
Brooks, Beau, and Valarie. Persons.
Please Don't Put That On My Fundraising Wall Award: Zack was super thoughtful and not only gave the first bizzaro amount ($82.27 donation) but he also donated it in the name of his pseudo-Presidential alias Tittie Roosevelt. That name is forever engraved on my fundraising wall. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Also, Thanks to the followers of my blog! I see Sylvia and Lil Carrico jumped aboard. Who is the QueenCityGal? You are so mysterious. Perhaps that's why I can't sop thinking about you. Meghan, Christy, and Nichola are still following along, too!

More training this weekend! A ride tomorrow morning possibly followed by a run, which is called a "brick." Not sure why they call it that, probably because your legs feel like bricks. Sunday I'll run 5 miles.

Here's another motivational video. This girl is a badass. Watch and enjoy. Donate Here.


No comments:

Post a Comment