The fans have spoken and apparently you animals love pictures. So here is a rundown of this weekend including full color photos!
Friday morning: We fly to Washington D.C
Our coach, Bert, ready for takeoff
Friday Afternoon: We'll do a short couple mile run around D.C. as well as get registered for the race.
I know what you're thinking- YES, that guy is totally wearing British flag shorts
Saturday Morning: We'll do a practice swim in the Potomac and a short ride as well. There is a ton of stuff I'm not mentioning.. I think there is a big dinner on Saturday night.
Sunday: RACE DAY! They want us down to the Transition Area at 4AM! Since there are so many people racing, they want us to beat the crowd and get there early.... that's 3hours and 40minutes before I get in the water.
Transition area early in the morning
Much, much larger transition area than I've ever been in.
The Swim: I start at 7:40 am Sunday. Racers begin by age group. I know two of my teammates get in the water at 7:15 and 7:30.
Swim GOAL TIME: 27:30
The Bike: After the water, I head for the transition area while peeling off my wetsuit, goggles, and throwing on my helmet, shoes, and eating a gel. I hope this takes no longer than 1:40. The bike is 25 miles around The Capital area. Mostly flat and fast course with a couple sharp turns. In the 2 tri's I've done, the bike has been my slowest split.
BIKE GOAL TIME: 1:15
The Run: I ride my bike to the transition area and run my bike back to my spot, change shoes, throw off my helmet, put on my hat and race belt. This should take 1:15 (always faster than my 1st transition). The run is 6.2 miles. Again, it's a flat course and the wind will be in your face the final 2 miles.
RUN GOAL TIME: 50:00
RACE GOAL TIME: 2:40:00
Finish line party: After the race, there's a finish line party and another dinner that night.

W








No comments:
Post a Comment