Race Recap: Cedars of Lebanon 8/28/10
Last Saturday was the Cedars of Lebanon Triathlon, my final tuneup for D.C., in Cedars of Lebanon State Park outside of Nashville. It was a Sprint race, meaning it was shorter than the Olympic distance I'll race in Washington D.C.- 300 meter pool swim
- 16 mile bike through hilly Lebanon
- 3 mile run
In transition area before race
This was a much smaller number of racers than the Music City Triathlon. There were 26 racers in my age group (Men 25-29).It was my first time racing in a pool (Music City was in river, so will DC) .They say you "shouldn't leave anything on the course", but I peed in the pool technically leaving behind something. Swim time: 5:35 (4th /26).Finishing 4th gives me a lot of confidence heading into next weekend.
The bike had more hills than I expected. Once again, the bike really jammed up my time. I finished in 54:57 (11th/26). There is a recurring theme with these races: bike time holding me back. Perhaps it's my head which is too large and bulbous for my helmet.
The run was party shaded and completely Copyrighted by 2010 brightroom. I finished the 3 miles run in 24:13 (6th/26). I hauled ass the final mile... next time I'll see if I can keep that pace the entire run.
I finished 6th out of 26 in my age group and a final time of 1:28:29. I wanted a Top 10 finish... I really wanted a Top 5 finish. I'll get there. When I improve my bike time, then I'll start seeing the results I want.
Friday of next week I leave for Washington DC. I'm excited. I'm only nervous because I want to do well and hit my goals. I'll get into this stuff more with my next post, but I have specific time goals for each split of the race in DC. I just want to be in the Top 25% of my age group- a modest goal for my first Olympic distance race. It can be done!
Did you know you can continue to donate all the way up until Sunday, September 12? Go ahead and visit my fundraising page! Click here.




No comments:
Post a Comment